Sunday, October 21, 2007

Thank You, Poe House Books!



The setting: A cozy house with many rooms packed floor to ceiling with books of myriad topics and vintage. Woodgrain tables. Overstuffed chairs. Wonderful hosts who made sure we were comfortable and happy and had enough coffee and baked goods. New and returning customers. Spirited conversations. Authors gathered around tables to talk about writing and publishing as we sold and autographed our works at Poe House Books's author event on October 20, 2007.

I was one of four authors in our room. Among us we represented erotica, horror, mystery, poetry, romance, science fiction, suspense, western, and probably more, though that's as much as I remember right now. Our table had three titles for sale -- Tom Ault's poetry collection The Needed Ones; the anthology Florida Horror, which contains Belea Keeney's story, "The Tale of Trapper Tommy;" and my science fiction/anthropological fiction novel Covenant. We were joined by Loretta Rogers, whose historical western The Twisted Trail is forthcoming from Avalon Books in April 2008.

Thanks to owner Kathleen Ballo for a terrific day! Read on for more details....

Crystal River Current on Poe House Books Author Event
Large view

The Newscaster on Poe House Books Author Event
Large view

Thanks to Claire Phillips Laxton of the Citrus County Chronicle for this publicity. I have just a couple of corrections on the part about me. The phrase "mystery deviations" is inaccurate -- Deviations is the title of my science fiction series. "A Voice in the Wilderness and Other Places" is not a book, but is the title of my voice-over demo. Finally, I no longer have Hamilton as part of my name, although I published poetry and short fiction under that name in the early 1980s.

I was the first to arrive.

Covenant display at Poe House Books

Poe House Books, as seen from my table

Poe House Books Author Event

Soon Belea (second from left) joined me, then Tom (far left), and then Loretta (third from left).

Four Authors at Poe House Books

I've been critique buddies with all three of these fine people, and Tom's been in my free-writing group since its inception. Belea, Loretta, and I will be co-panelists at the Citrus County Library's November Novelists kickoff on Friday, October 26.

Promo for NaNoWriMo Kickoff

We had a great time connecting with readers, sharing shop talk at our table, and meeting authors who had set up in the other rooms at Poe House. On this same day, the Citrus Springs Memorial Library held its Celebrate Poetry! event, to which I referred people interested in poetry.






Deviations: Covenant can be pre-ordered from Aisling Press and from Barnes and Noble. The Deviations page has additional details.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home