Thursday, August 18, 2005

Moonrise on Phosphorescent Island


Posted by Picasa
I am officially having way too much fun....

This isn't the first time I've played with digital collage, but it's the first time I've concentrated on using only my own photographs. My tools are mainly programs that came already bundled into my computer when I bought it: Microsoft Photo Editor 3.0.2.3 and Paint 5.0. Other programs used here are MS PowerPoint 2002 and the software from my Argus DC1500 camera -- though I use the Argus software pretty much only for downloading.

The island, pond, and sky are the photo I posted here, only color-reversed. The snowflake-like forms are manipulations of the palm frond from the entry preceding this one. "Queenie," an unsigned, handmade mug that had been my mother's, provided the face.


Posted by Picasa
This one just used the originally-colored sky from the above photo background and the manipulated frond.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elissa, Sorry you couldn't post at my site. Occassionaly that happens and I can't figure out why. I think it's random and it's also happened to me while trying to post at other's sites.

I envy your computer ablilities. I don't have them. I love collage though and do some myself in the old cut and paste way. I was recently inspired my by son's amazing collage journals and I did one for my first 50 years.

Nice job!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home