Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Flutterby

A brief (32-second) Pipevine Swallowtail video to accompany the photos at the end of "Red Shoes Time":



Meanwhile, back at the fictional ranch --

23 days, 28,274 words. From my entry at Dancing With the Muse:

"This is how section 3 will happen."

I wrote that in my journal at 4 AM Monday morning. The scene I'm currently writing has four parts. The first two parts came seamlessly (after a couple of failed drafts), but the third part was not forthcoming as I sat at my computer on Sunday night.

But I have committed to adding daily to the draft, and even though I'd already written section 2 that day I was ready to do more. If I couldn't write section 3, then I would turn to a different scene. When I was ready to go to bed it was almost four in the morning.

As soon as my head hit the pillow I got section 3. I jumped out of bed, swung into the studio, and scribbled notes in my journal so that I wouldn't forget what to do. Then I returned to my mattress and was asleep shortly thereafter.

Sometimes the shortest distance between two points on the same block is a detour to the next county.

[end of entry]

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda Clews said...

"Sometimes the shortest distance..." :) As you are inspired, so you are inspiring! I love reading about the intensity of your passion for writing.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home