Monday, November 06, 2006

I've Got A Little List


We found two new nests in our front hedge when we returned from Necronomicon.

Actually I don't have a little list yet, but with all that's going on I'll have to write one soon, just to keep my brain cells aligned....

This morning I mailed my signed contract to Koboca, then drove Mary to her dental appointment. From there we went to the mall for lunch, where I stopped into Waldenbooks, spoke with its manager, and came away with a vendor acquisitions form and a list of wholesalers and distributors. Koboca is doing this kind of promotion, but I wanted to coordinate with them in case there's anything I can do that they're not already doing.

Nancy, the manager (and a science fiction reader) told me that even this early isn't too early to give the distributors et al. a heads-up.

At K-Mart we met B., who has his own story to tell. He was in the Italian resistance during World War II. As Mary told him, "You hear all the time about the French resistance, but not about the Italian resistance." B. was 15 years old at the time, and showed us the scar on his thigh made by a German bayonet. Bruno is alive because he killed that soldier. He has the bayonet blade sitting in his home.

We exchanged business cards.

I discovered today that Mary and I missed Sunday's play performance for which we had tickets. Oops. I'm going to see if I can get us tickets for a different performance, even if I end up paying twice.



I don't know what these are, but they were draped everywhere around our quickly-drying "post office pond." More detail is in the large view.


1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda Clews said...

I can imagine what a thrill, how high you are, and it's all so wonderful and deserved. Lists, well, yes, back to the "to do"... :)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home