Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Altering Time



The moon is actually setting, so to be accurate the title should be "Moonset" -- but I've been skewing time anyway the past few days....

This collage
(a variation on the theme used in Confluence) combines photos of dog fennel, the other night's moon, a predawn spiderweb, and a gulf fritillary butterfly.

My time lately has been taken up with meetings and errands that have required a fair amount of driving and full-day excursions. In between I've been gradually cleaning the studio, becoming more organized a smidgen at a time.

In the midst of our errands I picked up a tripod for the camera, though haven't yet been able to get a shot of the moon as detailed as the one above, where I had used the flash to quicken my shutter speed. The original image shows some mare and craters at the terminator. (I'd used the same technique to get a clear shot of the spiderweb.) But I've been experimenting on the back porch with shutter speed and aperture size, learning as I go along.



The tripod helped with this one. The house belongs to one of our neighbors, who had gifted us with oranges from his yard shortly after we moved in.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the moon and the butterfly are rising....

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home