Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Coffee in the Woods


Posted by Picasa
Colleen commented on the surrealistic aspect of Finding Home. I thought I'd go a mite further...

The "woods" here is actually land that borders one of our county libraries. I'd gone there for a meeting, noticed the bucolic scene, and whipped out the camera.

My sneakers really are that dirty, and we really do have a rotary phone. Two, in fact. My parents had brought them down from Brooklyn back in '80: one turquoise (here tweaked into more of a blue) and one mustard yellow (not far off from the color of the sneakers, themselves tweaked).

I had purchased the mug during a fundraiser for the school that a former coworker's daughter had attended. The "carpet" is a mouse pad given me by a friend. The fan (normally dark brown and with a broken light fixture attached to the center) is courtesy of our Florida room, which in other parts of the country is called the "family room."

And my foot is normally not so pale, nor do I use it as a coffee stirrer or stare at it from within my sneaker.

This silliness was home-grown with no artificial additives or preservatives. Past performance is no guarantee of future behavior, though the current trend is toward incorrigible. Any relation to characters living or dead is deliberate. Side effects may include giddiness, rolling of the eyes (please don't litter; pick them up afterwards), and rude noises. Feel encouraged to try this at home. And although no pixels were harmed in the making of this collage, one can rightfully say that the artist is considerably pixilated.



2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

i'd say you took it a tad bit more than a mite ;)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

This remind's me of my friend L.'s hommade book, "Tea in the Wild" - a practical guide for hikers who want to know which leaves make good tea, and how to prepare it.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home