Sunday, October 02, 2005

Confluence


Posted by Picasa
This coming week marks the confluence of sacred events honored by at least three religions....

The New Moon (October 3) heralds Rosh Hashanah and Ramadan. October 4 is the Feast of St. Francis.

I'm sure there are more sacred events out there, including many that pass unnoticed. I suspect there are more belief systems out there for which these coming days also hold great significance. (If I learn of them I will add them to this entry.)

May each day bring renewal and hope, health and happiness, peace and love, and movement toward a more compassionate world.


Posted by Picasa


2 Comments:

Blogger twila said...

Great picture. I was noticing about the confluence of sacred events. I join you in the thoughts/prayer you expressed so beautifully.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the word confluence. Just popping in to say HI from the Aspen library!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home